Here’s the news you have been waiting for:
The Franklin Community Garden Committee
Opens 2012 Garden Bed Renewals and Waiting List
For King Street Memorial Community Garden
- Beginning Wednesday, February 1st, gardeners who maintained a raised bed at the King Street Memorial Community Garden may begin to renew for the 2012 season.
- Gardeners have until Friday, March 2nd to complete the renewal application and submit payment.
- Gardeners in good standing have already been contacted by the committee.
- The season fee is $40 and is payable to The Town of Franklin. The application will be processed through the Franklin Recreation Department, 150 Emmons Street (Old Town Hall)
- There is no online registration for renewals. Gardeners must call Franklin Recreation at 508-520-4909 or visit during office hours.
- Garden beds not renewed by Friday, March 2nd will be assigned to the next person on the wait list.
- Gardeners may not reassign their plot to anyone else.
- The Community Garden Committee will also open a rolling waiting list for the garden beginning February 1st.
- Available gardens will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis and assignments will begin Monday, March 5th pending available space at the garden.
- There is no fee to join the wait list; the $40 fee will only be charged when a garden is assigned.